Single Channel HD Video, 34 min.
Best Experimental Film Award at London Greek Film Festival, London UK, 2010.
Empirical Data is a film that deals with someone’s relationship with an environment that is “alien” and often hostile in a sense. This is done through a character who, seeking to socially establish himself, appears to change in order to be accepted by this new environment. The script comes from the personal experience of the actor of Georgian origin David Maltese as an immigrant in Greece, and his trajectory from entering the country to taking up acting, an event that eventually led to his professional recognition and subsequent “integration” into the Greek society. The main part is played by him.
– “(un-)documented”, George Drivas Solo Show, Νational Museum of Contemporary Art, Athens, Greece, 2009
-“Uncinematic” – George Drivas Solo Show, Galleria Nazionale d’Arte Moderna e Contemporanea, Rome, Italy
-“Art Projections”, Thessaloniki Cinema Museum, Thessaloniki Biennale of Contemporary Art, Greece
-“Hybrid Stories”, Group Show, National Museum of Contemporary Art, Athens, Greece
– “The Best of the Best: 5 Years London Greek Film Festival”, Michael Cacoyannis Foundation, Athens, Greece
– “Neighborhood X.0”, Group Show, Goethe Institut, Ankara, Turkey
– “L’evento immobile. Sfogliare il tempo”, Group Show, MAN-Museo d’ Arte di Nuoro, Sardegna, Italy
– “RAM Projects”, Berlin, Germany
– EX3 Contemporary Art Center, Florence, Italy
-“LGFF”, London Greek Film Festival, London, UK
-“Cinesonika”, International Film and Video Festival, Vancouver, Canada
-“Digital Wave”, The Greek Cinematheque, Athens, Greece
– “Digital Wave”, Thessaloniki International Film Festival, Thessaloniki, Greece
– “Transitio_MX – Autonomies of Disagreement”, New Media Art and Video International Festival, Mexico City, Mexico
– “(un-)documented”, George Drivas Solo Show, Νational Museum of Contemporary Art, Athens, Greece